Monday, March 17, 2008

Payback is a dish served cold, and in a mold?

This summer I bought myself a scooter to save on gas mileage that I was using in my SUV. The very first day I went to a client meeting with a co worker and left the scooter at the office, I just had a feeling something was going to happen. I was right...as we returned to the office my scooter was not where I parked it. I did not panic. I walked into my office and Mike and Greg had moved it behind my desk which must have taken a lot of work.
It took me a while to get the scooter our of my office and when I finally got it out of the building it tipped over and scratched the paint. I was not that concerned but I knew I needed some revenge. I wanted to wait until they weren't expecting it. 9 Months later was more than enough time for them not to expect anything.



Mr. Welder was out of the office for two days with a sick child and I had my opportunity. The other night on TV was the episode of The Office where Jim put Dwight's stapler in Jello. I thought this would be fun to do. We started with 4 packs of yellow jello and his stapler. We thought we had it figured out but by Friday morning we thought we needed to put more of his personal items in jello. Mike has two rubber bass on his desk so Erin thought they should be in jello as well. I had the thought that fish swim, I know I am a quick thinker, so I suggested we fill an aquarium full of jello and suspend the fish so they look like they are swimming.



Fast forward. I went and got the aquarium, fake plants, rocks and 20 packets of jello. Scott and I started suspending the items in the aquarium using fishing line and tape. Contents of the aquarium:


Fake Bass, little, really don't know the purpose of it
Fake Bass beer holder, holding a beer bottle that was also filled with Jello
Plastic Monkey
Batman coffee cup
His Swingline stapler, for you Office Space fans, Welder is our Milton

Udder Cream, his personal lotion, don't ask
Spinner bait with attached gummi worm
Beware of attack gecko sign




We emptied out the bottom of the fridge and I started making jello. About an hour into the process I realized 20 packets was not going to be nearly enough jello. I had to go and buy more, over 35 total packages if you are looking to duplicate this prank. With only blue jello it was too dark so I started mixing yellow and green in to try and make the jello more transparent but to no avail. A lesson learned from this would be to use Knox clear jello, it is much more expensive but the only jello that sets up clear. The jello took about 24 hours to set in the fridge and the end product looked something like this.

















Payback for Mike is done, is Greg next? Possibly?

While we were failing at making it so you could clearly see the items in the jello we did come accross some other fun pranks you can do in your office.

2 comments:

Candace Brekke said...

Have I told you how much I like working far, far away from you guys?

J/K....that was great!! Priceless

justaddwine said...

That's awesome! And, the monkey was a nice touch ;)

Maybe I should refrain from making green jello for St. Paddy's day tonight? hehe