Monday, February 25, 2008

Appreciate Life

The last year has been tough. I lost an uncle to cancer at 50, a wife to a great friend and mentor to cancer, and a life long friend and boss to a heart attack at 56. While I was only close to one of the deceased I was very close to the families and friends of all. Either way the pain is still the same. To see and feel the pain from the people around you and the pain you feel inside is eye opening. So eye opening that i decided to make a few changes in my life.

The first decision I made was to lose weight and get in shape. I don't mean go on a crash diet but a lifestyle change. I don't have a wife and kids but I have parents, brothers and sisters, nieces and nephews that I need to be around for in the future. I have changed my eating habits completely. Being single it is cheaper to go to a fast food restaurant and eat off the value menu. At the pace I was going I wasn't going to make it to 50. That also goes along to with the second change. I am going to spend money on things I want. If you really want, not need, just want something,buy it for yourself once in a while if it is going to make you happy. It is only money and you can always make more.